Sustaining Eyak Lake Salmon Habitat
Starting in 2022, the CRWP team with input from community partners will convene an Eyak Lake Working Group to collate and organize historic data as well as identify and collect new data on Eyak Lake spawning beds and other relevant Eyak Lake data. Data identified by partners will be included in a publicly available, digital database and interactive web map application hosted and managed by CRWP. In year two, CRWP will coordinate with partners, youth, and volunteers to implement restoration activities (stream-bank restoration, bank stabilization, etc.) at high priority sites identified in year one.
This project will seek to build off of the 1985 Eyak Lake Cooperative Management Plan report’s dataset while incorporating new datasets to improve available data for management decisions. Specific types of data to be included in the database are:
- Anadromous habitat, including delineation of spawning beds in the lake and its tributaries
- Streams and sub-watersheds draining into Eyak Lake
- Culvert condition scoring and monitoring
- Water quality testing points and locations of concern
- Land ownership records and uses (private, parks and recreation, airport, etc.)
- Stormwater mapping
- USGS gage stations
- Drinking water infrastructure
- Road erosion sites of concern
- Restoration Activities, past & present
- Invasive species mapping and treatment locations
Contact Ashley Taylor to be added to our email list for updates specific to this project or for more information.