Invasive Plant Management
CRWP coordinates Cooperative Weed Management Areas to address invasive plants in the Copper Basin and Cordova. More information about these cooperative efforts can be found on this webpage, as well as high priority invasive plant species in the region. Please help be our eyes on the ground!
- Invasive Plant Management
- CRWP oversees Cooperative Weed Management effort in the Copper Basin and Cordova. This page provides information about what invasive species are and strategies for managing invasive plants.
- High Priority Species in the Watershed
- This page includes images and descriptions of high priority invasive plant species in the Copper River watershed.
- What Can You Do?
- This page describes what you can do to help stop the spread of invasive plants and where you can report invasive plant sightings.
- Cooperative Weed Management Areas
- The CRWP has developed two CWMAs - one in the Copper Basin and one in Cordova. This page describes what a CWMA is and how it works to combat invasive plants.
- Elodea is the only freshwater invasive aquatic plant known to occur in Alaska. It has been found in Cordova, Fairbanks, on the Copper River Delta, the Kenai Peninsula, and the Mat-Su Valley. Check out what it could mean for Alaska if it continues to spread, and what it could mean for you!